Friday, October 03, 2008

Natalie's Room

So Natalie's room was looking a little blah, as you can see. So I made a goal to make some things for her walls, but with as little money as possible (aren't you proud of me, Beth?). Here's the result, and I'm happy to report I spent no money (or no FURTHER money was spent, as my financial advisor husband put it so nicely).

Before:



After:



A mirror finally hung on the wall, with two pegs: a project finally finished.



I just painted these $1 pegs and then decoupaged these butterflies on that I cut out of cute paper. Get the butterfly pattern here.



Fabric covered letters, simple. I got the idea here.



Fabrics found in my Mom's stash, thanks Mom!



I love how it turned out.



Now I will tackle the other blank wall opposite this one...more later. Let's see how much I DON'T spend.

4 comments:

bethany said...

I LOVE it! Those fabric colored letters turned out so cute!! I may have to try that project.... And the Snow White set up (Mirror, mirror on the wall) is fabulous! I've been thinking of using that butterfly pattern to make a mobile for Storey's crib. Hasn't happened yet-it's on my list!

[AnnieR] said...

You did a great job! Everything looks so cute separate and all put together.

stephanie said...

so cute and so thrifty. it looks fantastic.

Jodie said...

It turned out so cute! I've been thinking about copying your idea of the hooks. We need some place to hang the dress up clothes....