Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Magic Chair

Okay, I'm seriously in shock right now! We have a magic chair. Annette has been a little unpredictable at night, not during the night, but just when she goes down and if she cries or not. Anyway, I was getting Natalie ready for bed last night, she was in the tub and I was walking with Annette wrapped tightly in her miracle blanket. I had to put her down so I could get Nat out of the bath and into her pj's and stuff. I put her down in her baby papasan, totally expecting her to cry as soon as I placed her gently in it, but (gasp), she didn't! She sucked happily away on her pacifier while I got Natalie in her pj's, combed her hair, and read her a story. After I put Natalie in her crib I came back to get Annette, but she was almost asleep, I told myself, "Why rock the boat?" and left her to it. She fell asleep within minutes, no crying, and stayed asleep until she got hungry around 1 am (by the way, I moved her to her crib at about 9pm). What?? I'm floored. Well, this morning I decided to finally take a shower at about 11am, put Annette in the chair, she smiled at me while I took my shower, I got out, and a few minutes later my baby was asleep in her little papasan. Well, it's 2:00 now, I decided to see if it was just a fluke, I just put her in her chair, she seriously fell asleep within two minutes. Whatever...I'll take it!



By the way, our camera is in the shop. I dropped it. This picture was at my shower, and I am 9 months pregnant. Hopefully, we'll have the camera back by Annette's blessing. =)

7 comments:

bethany said...

Hmmm...I will have to remember this magic chair thing.
I say whatever works. My friend Holly had her baby sleep in her swing for the first four months of life-it hasn't seemed to be detrimental in any way :)

Whitney said...

I'm getting one of those for my next child.

KatieB said...

that's so great! she's learning to fall asleep while still awake AND sleep longer! win-win for you! i need to borrow that chair for izzy. she used to sleep like a dream. now, not so much.

Jodie said...

Uh, she slept until 1?!! Can she come over and explain to Alexa that it isn't neccessary to wake up every three hours (or every 1.5-2 hrs as we saw last night)??!

Lexie said...

I bought that chair over Christmas and it has been great for Macie too. It hasn't been quite as magic, but she is content in that chair longer than anywhere else. It was definitely a great purchase!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Heather said...

My kids slept in their vibrating bouncy chairs for the first couple of months. I LOVE those things! They are a lifesaver!