Sunday, April 01, 2012

Transition


Blake is 6 weeks old now.  Our family of four is officially a family of five.  He has been a calm, peaceful baby, despite what Annie may think (two seconds after he starts crying, Annie will say, "Why is he always crying?  I don't like it when he cries.").  But I've noticed something this past week.  He is calm and peaceful...until he is not.  I believe we have hit the fussy stage.  My "to-do" list that was already quite lengthy (I swear I will finish writing my thank you notes before he's sitting up on his own) is growing hourly.  So if you come over to my house any time soon, please excuse the crumbs on the floor, the markers and art paraphernelia strewn across my kitchen table, and the preschool papers and spelling tests piling up on my counters.  I've been holding my baby, and that's just as it should be. 

4 comments:

Brooke said...

He is so precious! I loved your sentiment of holding him and leaving the house to be taken care of later. I have been thinking the same thing that when our baby comes I will just hold her! :) I love tiny babies!

KatieB said...

yes it is. i bet my messy house can beat your messy house any day. wish we could hold babies on the couch together!

Sara said...

Blake is a cutie! I hope the fussy stage is short.

shannon said...

As you may already know I'm slightly obsessed with this new little boy of yours and that's saying something because I'm not by nature a "baby person." So happy for you and your beautiful family!