Monday, September 21, 2009

I Don't Know What She's Talking About

Natalie at dinner: You know what? Two of us match. I'm just like Daddy and Annie's just like Mommy.

Us: Why?

Natalie: Because Daddy and I keep our face clean when we eat and Mommy and Annie are messy!

So I quickly grab a napkin and wipe the mayonnaise off my face from the hamburger I'm eating (in my defense, there was way too much mayonnaise on that burger). How is it a four-year-old can be that perceptive?

Posted by Picasa


By the way, it is a joke on my side of the family how little James' uses his napkin any time we eat. It's always neatly folded on his knee before, during, and after a meal. I don't know how he does it. This in contrast to my 3 or 4 (okay, sometimes 5 or 6 if we're eating out) napkins crumpled up and strewn about my place setting in a haphazard manner. I've got a small mouth, really small.

4 comments:

bethany said...

Excuses, excuses. Maybe you just have really awful hand/eye coordination. Or in this case, hand/mouth coordination :)

Sara said...

Ha Ha. I think I fit in with you and Annie.

Holly said...

that is so funny. and for what it's worth, the sizes of your mouths is a perfectly good excuse.

KatieB said...

i use a gazillion napkins when i eat too.